Monday, January 10, 2011

An Official Introduction

Photobucket

I have come to realize I never really introduced myself appropriately on this little blog of mine, and I thought now would be a terrific time to do so. If you have been faithfully following the blog from the beginning you will notice I have changed the layout a bit. I thought this was a little more me, and a little more organized and easy to read. You may have also noticed that I have not been able to blog as much as I would like to, and thankfully that is about to change too!

OK, so here is a little about myself... My name is Nicole, and I am a 22 year old Graphic Design student. I currently work at Starbucks and Anthropologie. I just recently started at Anthropologie over the holidays, and I love it!! They have decided to keep me on and I couldn't be more happy. I have to admit I really enjoy smelling more like Volcano candles than mocha and steamed milk, but don't tell Starbucks that... I also do a little of my own work on the side. I have two Etsy shops. One is full of handmade headbands and hair accessories, and the other vintage clothes. I truly love them both and wish I had more time in my day to devote to them. I know once I finish up school I will have more time to concentrate on all of my projects, especially my shops. Which brings me back to school. While I am absolutely in love with Graphic Design, I also love Photography. I often struggle deciding which of the two to pursue more. I wish I could do both at once, but with my schedule I would not last very long. After much deliberation, prayers, and hours of talking with my Mom I have decided to put my whole heart into Graphic Design, get my degree, and then focus on my photography. It was a hard decision but I really do feel a peace about it.

Other than that I am pretty much a regular old girl. I love old movies, especially ones by Alfred Hitchcock or with Gene Tiereny (Laura is my favorite movie ever). I love to go thrifting, antiquing, and vintage clothes shopping. I have a compulsion to buy any clothing that is frilly, lacy, or pastel. I can never pass up a cute owl figurine to add to my collection, and I spend more time at Hobby Lobby then my own home. I am obsessed with old printing presses and typewriters (that's the design geek in me). My favorite typeface is Helvetica (I don't want to hear it...) and I secretly wish for a Pantone book every Christmas.

I guess that is enough about me for now, stay tuned I will be explaining all of the new features I plan on doing on the blog very soon. There will be more design/art posts, so if that is up your alley get excited!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...