Thursday, February 25, 2010

Nikon or Canon?

Ok so the age old question Nikon or Canon?? It is almost like picking your political party, Republican or Democrat. I guess that would make Sony the Independent party... No one agrees and the arguments go on forever, but I don't care! I need to pick one so I want to hear some opinions. I have a Nikon right now (D40) which I like just fine but I would really like to get a more professional camera. My predicament is a lot of the photographers I admire use Canons, which I know doesn't mean much cause it's all about the operator, but still you know what I mean. On the other hand Nikon seems to have a more clear focused picture while the Canons seem to get a little grainy. Is this just me?? I don't know. Tell me what you think...


This was taken with a 5D by Laura Taylor who's photostream I love!


This was taken with a D700 and is from Cencula's photostream which I just found.

3 comments:

  1. im sticking with canon. i just bought a too-expensive lens. theres no way i could ever switch now...which one are you thinking of getting?
    i need to upgrade, too. and cant decide how much im willing to spend ;/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am really not sure. I think I am leaning more toward the Nikon but I just can't decide! I really don't want to spend more than a thousand tho so maybe i will just wait and get this one once the new model comes out...

    ReplyDelete
  3. i don't know a WHOLE lot about photography, so take this with a few grains of salt, but to me i feel like cannon pictures look better. for example, in the pictures above, the nikon looks really good, but its pretty easy to tell it's a digital picture. cannon's seem more reminiscent of film photos. but i guess it's what you're going for...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...