Friday, July 30, 2010

Friday Finds #9

Hey guys!! I really do enjoy doing these Friday Finds! This week is chalk full of pastels as usual (I did however lay off the florals, thought you could use a break). I haven't been up to anything interesting lately... sorry!! It has been sooooo hot here I really can not wait till Fall/Winter!! I would always rather be cold then hot. I do want to def. try some outfit posts, my photographer (little sister) is out of town right now, but when she gets back I will hopefully have some up! My best friend is coming in town next week so I will probably not have as much time to post but I am sure I will have tons of our adventures to share after she leaves. Anyways, here we go, Friday Finds #9...

1. Wonderful Wedding Dress

[source]
LOVE this dress!! I always enjoy when brides choose dresses that are not the typical David's Bridal organza gowns. Especially when they are vintage or made by an obscure, unknown, super creative designer. I will probably choose a vintage gown for my wedding. I just really do not like what is out there right now, and if I do they are a gazillion dollars.

2. Vintage Met Dress

[source]
First let me tell you how much I love the Met... ALOT!! If a young man ever wanted to win my heart he would take me on a date to the Met. Cheesy!! I know!! But I just love being surrounded by all of the gorgeous paintings and works of art. My very first trip I stood in front of a Renoir and went "Oh my goodness, his brush was right there!!!" needless to say my friends did not share my excitement. If this amazing vintage dress exhibit was up then, I don't think my friends would have ever been able to drag me out of there...

3. Cigar Box Pinhole Camera

[source]
I love pinhole cameras!! I made my very first one out of a shoe box and then developed my film in a real dark room! It was so exciting and so much fun! I learned so much in that art class and decided then, that I would one day be a photographer. This is why I fell in love with these little pinhole creations. What a creative way to make a pinhole camera! Love it!!

4. Beautiful Bridesmaids

[source]
Back to my comment about wedding dresses... I also appreciate creative bridesmaid dresses, and how stinkin adorable are these?! I believe there is a "cute bridesmaid dress void" that someone needs to fill. Yes, there are some very pretty ones out there, but the price tags are RIDICULOUS. I also don't know how I feel about the macthing/mis-matching debate. I will probably assign a color to my future bridesmaids and let them pick out their own vintage dress in that shade...

5. Paper Sculpture

[source]
How amazing is this creation?! I love when people make paper creations! I have seen quite a few in the pages of one of my recent Anthropologie catalogs that I am so in love with!! They are just so amazing! One of these days I would like to try making one myself... P.S. Thank you Karman for showing me the amazing blog I found this on!!

6. Wonderland Engagement Shoot

[source]
Wildflowers Photography has got to be one of my favorites!! Joy is amazing! Not only does she take terrific photo's, but she is so creative. All of her shoots have amazing personal touches that make them different then the typical shoot. This "wonderland shoot" based on the Alice in Wonderland story is sooo cute!

7. Bangs

[source]
I want bangs so bad!! My little sister has super straight perfect shiny hair and I got the frizzy curly Shirley Temple hair. Life is just not fair! Whenever the Fall/Winter months come around I always try to convince my sister to get bangs so I can pretty much vicariously live through her. Ridiculous! I know! Maybe I will just go crazy and get them one of these days. I guess I would just have to rely on the straightener a lot... Don't know if I like that...

8. Dreamy Dresses

[source]
I know you have probably seen these pictures everywhere. They are so pretty I just had to be the 100th person to post them. I actually follow the girls blog that took these and she is amazing. I always look forward to her posts. They are usually full of pastels and gorgeous photos. The beautiful clothing in the photo are from her stylist friends show room. Just gorgeous!!

9. Madhatter Necklace

[source]
Oh my goodness I love this necklace! How creative and cute! I love how it is so delicate and adorable. I could see myself wearing this with a cute little dress and going on a picnic in the park. I am pretty much a sucker for anything Alice in Wonderland themed. LOVE LOVE LOVE it!!

10. Multi Level Flower Box

[source]
I am by no means a planter or cultivator. I believe I once tried to grow a potato out of a styrofoam cup in third grade but that def. did not turn out well. I am really not sure if a non successful potato plant should discourage me from planting now, but sadly it has. Anyways, if I was to take up planting I would def. want to try out this amazing level planter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...