Sunday, July 18, 2010

Seen It: The Big Sleep



This is one of my all time favorite movies! If I had a top ten list this movie would deff. be on it. Hmmm a top ten list, I should make one of those! I loveeee Humphrey Bogart and Lauren Bacall! And so did the cinema, they were paired up quite a bit. Very similar to the "Katherine Hepburn/Spencer Tracy" duo we saw throughout the 50's and 60's. Sadly, Bogart and Bacall didn't have as much success, but this film is deff. one of their best. It is another film noir which really is what most of the old movies I watch are. I just love the drama and suspense!! In this movie Bogart plays a private detective who is hired by Lauren Bacall's father to help investigate the person blackmailing her sister (his other daughter). The road to finding this blackmailer is much more difficult then any of them thought. There are many twists and turns and honestly I had to watch it twice to catch everything. There are shady characters around every corner and a new problem every minute. Bogart does a great job cracking the case and he might have even earned himself a beautiful lady by the end... Even if film noir is not your thing, you have to watch this if only for the amazing outfits! I really wish we still dressed like Lauren Bacall...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...